Aware of the importance of respecting and caring for the environment, both for ourselves and the future generations, Iridium Concesiones de Infraestructuras, S.A. has developed and implemented its Environmental Management System, which is integrated with its Quality Management System, on the basis of the standard of reference UNE-EN ISO 14001.
This Environmental System has been audited by the certification body AENOR and was awarded Company Registration Certificate no. GA-2010/0070.
Iridium Concesiones de Infraestructuras, S.A. Environmental Policy
IRIDIUM CONCESIONES DE INFRAESTRUCTURAS, S.A., aware of the importance of respecting the environment and caring for it, both for us and for future generations, combines its business objectives with environmental protection and the proper management of the expectations of its stakeholders. This Environmental Policy encompasses its staff and affiliated companies and expresses its commitment through the following basic principles:
- Compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, as well as voluntarily acquired commitments, in both offer development activities and concession operation management, taking measures to minimize environmental impact.
- Promotion of adaptation and mitigation measures to climate change in the scope of business activities:
- minimizing greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants (NOx, SOx, and substances affecting the ozone layer)
- avoiding or minimizing energy consumption
- identifying opportunities for promoting environmentally friendly projects, adapted to potential climate change impacts, and contributing to the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Resource consumption (water, energy, etc.) with criteria of rationality, efficiency, and savings.
- Taking into account the life cycle of projects, giving priority to operational models that reduce resource consumption and waste generation, both in quantity and hazard. Contributing to the extended usefulness of resources and waste through repair, reuse, and recycling, in accordance with applicable requirements.
- Promoting the rational use of water in its activities to optimize consumption (especially in water-stressed areas) and reduce the volume or hazard of discharges.
- Considering the initial value of ecosystems that may be significantly affected by projects and respecting the life cycles of affected plant and animal species. Compliance with applicable project measures, based on environmental impact studies and surveillance plans, ensuring compliance with both biodiversity and forest conservation regulations, as well as preventive measures, and reducing project impacts.
- Developing emergency plans to identify and properly manage potential accidents with environmental impacts.
- Environmental training and awareness through training and awareness activities for employees and those acting on their behalf through communications, documentation, training modules, or any other means of dissemination.
- Planning activities to ensure pollution prevention, based on the assessment of potential environmental risks.
- Continual improvement in environmental performance management through the establishment and monitoring of environmental indicators and objectives.
- Transparency in external communication, through periodic publication of information on environmental performance to all stakeholders, addressing their demands and expectations.
This Policy will serve as a framework for establishing and periodically reviewing the environmental objectives and goals of Iridium Concesiones de Infraestructuras, S.A., as well as the policy and planning elements that its subsidiaries may develop.
The Environmental Policy will be communicated to all employees of Iridium Concesiones de Infraestructuras, S.A. and will be made available to interested parties through its website.
The Presidency considers this Policy as an integral part of the business and therefore a priority at all levels of management, ensuring its dissemination, understanding, and compliance throughout the organization.